The Batonga Foundation is looking for an energetic, collaborative, and creative team player to join our small, quickly growing team. This part time position will directly support the Senior Officer for Development & Partnerships as well as the Executive Director.
Average Weekly Hours: 20
Internship Length: September 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Development & Partnerships Senior Officer in planning, brainstorming, curating, and executing social media content strategies
- Create content for and grow new and existing social networks, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and others
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
- Work with team members to gather content and create newsletters and post program updates
- Generate and present monthly reports summarizing communications, website and social media metrics
- Previous experience in a similar role strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Positive, energetic, assertive, can-do attitude, resourceful nature, and detail-oriented
- A collaborative team player
- Self-starter – confident and proactive
- Aware of, and interested in, feminist movements, advocacy, and/or international development
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be
construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. The Batonga Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our team!
Compensation and Length of Internship
This is an unpaid and fully remote internship. However, Batonga does offer a stipend of $300/month to help cover the costs associated with working from home (computers, internet fees, office supplies, etc.). This internship will be for a period of four (4) months and can be extended up to twelve (12) months. This is a part-time internship, requiring 20 hours per week.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical and provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience related to social media and communications functions within a vibrant, and rapidly growing international girls rights non-profit organization. In this position, the Intern will have the opportunity to enhance and further develop their skills and understanding of nonprofit communication efforts, interact with and learn from employees and executives globally, and learn more about Batonga’s growing programs.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.