Batonga works to ensure that no girl is ever left behind. We identify and serve the most vulnerable adolescent girls and young women in the most rural areas, equipping them with the social and financial skills they need to thrive and supporting them as they launch and maintain a sustainable economic activity.
Our Adolescent Girls Leadership program helps girls become leaders in their own right in their communities. Our leadership clubs serve as girl-only safe spaces where adolescents aged 12-18 build essential life skills, financial literacy, and access mentoring and peer support networks as well as leadership opportunities.
Our Young Women’s Economic Empowerment program supports young women on their pathway to economic independence and sustainable and dignified work. We do that through:
- Our Young Women Business Circles
- Our Professional Training Centers
Through targeted engagement and evidence-based thought leadership and advocacy, Batonga also influences global decision-making processes to ensure that decisions, policies, and programs reflect the needs and priorities of the most vulnerable African girls and young women.
- Through “Nos Voix Comptent”, Batonga mobilizes 300+ members in 22 francophone African countries, supporting activists and
leaders to participate in the Generation Equality Forum process.
- Through “Conversations For Africa”, Batonga offers new online spaces for African youth to discuss some of the most pressing gender equality issues on the continent.
About this position
This full-time Manager for Fundraising and Partnerships position will lead resource mobilization efforts for the organization and directly support the Executive Director in ensuring timely grant management, individual donor engagement, and partnerships coordination.
The position is based in Washington D.C.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager for Fundraising and Partnerships will build and implement Batonga’s Fundraising strategy alongside the Executive Director, including institutional fundraising, individual donor engagement and stewardship, and overall donor & supporter communication. Key duties and responsibilities will include i) processing and managing organizational donor lists and income; ii) ensuring smooth and timely grant management processes, iii) engaging and stewarding donors and supporters; and iv) coordinating Batonga’s yearly fundraising events.
Process & Manage Organizational Donor Lists and Income
- Oversee the process(es) and tools of managing donor prospects and monitor the progress towards achieving fundraising goals.
- Maintain and update donor database and establish related systems and processes.
- Prepare monthly giving reports and report on outcome metrics for fundraising activities
- Manage organizational inboxes/email accounts.
- Coordinate and send acknowledgment letters and emails for all donations, grants, and major gifts.
- Research & identify potential grants to fund programs and general operating expenses
- Prepare and submit Letters of Intent and applications for foundation grants for specific projects and general support.
- Manage grant reporting, deadlines, and submission requirements.
Individual Donor Engagement & Stewardship
- Build relationships with donors via phone calls, personalized email communications, ongoing written contact, and events.
- Write and produce written and electronic collateral materials, emails, and donor updates. Personally share with donors impact reports and updates.
- Work with Executive Director to assist in the identification and cultivation of potential major donors and planned giving prospects
- Actively promote and grow the monthly giving program.
- Assist Digital Strategist Manager in building a digital communication strategy to engage existing donors and assist in donor stewardship.
- Coordinate annual fundraising events
- Oversee individual giving programs by organizing donor engagement events.
- Assist with securing corporate partnerships & developing relationships with corporate contacts.
- At least 5 years of fundraising, resource mobilization, and partnerships experience, preferably in the non-profit world
- Understanding of non-profit and philanthropic organizations.
- Experience working and collaborating with Senior Leadership teams and Boards of Directors, as well as high-net-worth donors
- Interest in and knowledge of gender equality; women and girls’ rights
- Ability to determine, execute, and measure the effectiveness of fundraising strategies
- Demonstrated record of successful major gift solicitations and experience designing and executing donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- High degree of skill using Word, Excel, Outlook, and Salesforce, or other fundraising databases/CRMs.
- Effectively in working in a fast-paced environment with the capacity to identify and adjust to changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with experience of working in multi-cultural settings, with a capacity to adapt to diverse viewpoints and different communication styles.
- Knowledge of French is strongly preferred but not required.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the title “Manager Fundraising & Partnerships Application” in the title. The deadline is December 11th, 2021.
The Batonga Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and prioritize diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment for all our team members. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQI candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.